For Sale Original ORCA Edge INSTRUCTOR EDITION, Worlds First Dive Computer, Working!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Netling

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
One of the First ORCA Edge INSTRUCTOR EDITION, World First Dive Computer, Working!!. Condition is Used. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail on eBay NO RESERVE https://www.ebay.com/itm/293253538704

In 1983, the Orca Edge hit the market as the first commercially viable dive computer. The model was based on US Navy dive tables but did not calculate a decompression plan. Its design was ahead of its time—it resembled an iPod Nano. However, production capacity was only one unit a day. It was never going to emulate Apple’s sales figures.

The Orca Edge was introduced in 1983. It was the first multi-level dive computer that caught on and inspired all the rest that came after it. In excellent condition, it looks like it has never been used. It takes a lithium 9-volt battery.

I will ship it to the winner without a battery. Everything in the photo is included - the computer, the blue vinyl cover with 2 (only need 2) hose mount clamps, an extra rubber seal, an extra battery compartment screw, silicone grease, the carrying case, a review article from the March 1989 edition of Skin Diver Magazine.

Does it come with any instruction? I'm assuming no as you don't mention it. Cool piece of history.

Thanks for looking and asking! No, sorry. You can find that online, but I don't have the original instruction. The unit is in really great condition and comes with original straps, etc. Take a look at the photos on eBay and feel free to ask me any further questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom