Review OrcaTorch SD03 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ebenezer

Registered
Reaction score
I used the OrcaTorch SD03 Dive Beacon on a recent night dive. I was not surprised by how many other divers commented on how much they liked this handy beacon... it is the perfect size and extremely easy for my dive buddy to see during our dive. I love that you can have an on-demand choice of colors too... helped me to stand out when we dove in a group of three and someone else was using the color I was going to choose. A couple of quick back-and-forth turns and I had a unique color within the group.

The strobe feature is another great design choice. Used the beacon on a twilight dive to highlight our ascent line with the strobe active. Navigation is skill that needs to be mastered and having this little extra lighting helped ensured we found our line and didn't have to do any surface swimming back to the boat.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show off... my camera wasn't cooperating too well on this trip.

I got one for my wife. It has the ability to use standard AA batteries or rechargeable 3.7v 14500 batteries. The 14500s double the brightness over the AA, at least in my old eyes. My wife liked how she could change colors, so she was different than other divers.

Were you provided free any goods or services for your review?
Good point. I think he is one of the testers for this .
I tested one myself sometime ago, liked it but then purchased another one for my wife.
Has anyone figured out a good way to make them float so they are more visible around the valve?

Were you provided free any goods or services for your review?
Yep... this flashlight was donated by and tested for the ”Outdoor Equipment Expert” Amazon store. I volunteered in their thread asking for testers.
Good point. I think he is one of the testers for this .
I tested one myself sometime ago, liked it but then purchased another one for my wife.
Has anyone figured out a good way to make them float so they are more visible around the valve?
I made a short bungee cord loop between the beacon and the tank valve. According to my dive buddy it was always visible.

Back
Top Bottom