OrcaTorch SD03 Dive Beacon, Night Diving Must Have. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Thanks to Duane Gabor for sharing his informative opinion about the Orcatorch SD03 dive beacon based on his real-life experience! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

" I am a professional instructor and often teach and go night diving. I saw the SD03 and had to try it out. This little guy is GREAT!

Everyone needs a tank light - even if you don't think you do. Diving at night - or at dusk - is always an additional risk. Tank lights let everyone know who is where - even if they don't have a primary light on. The problem with so many of these solutions is that they aren't very bright and they all seem to be one color.

Roll credits for the SD03- this little masterpiece gives you 3 colors and 3 colors of "blinking" light - so you can have 6 divers all independently marked on a dive. This is the perfect solution for instructors and general divers. The bonus of the SD03 is that it has a utility light built in- just in case you need an emergency light.

What I love about this light:
1) size- it's not much bigger than a very small light - watch my video and compare it to the typical tank light - the one DAN still sells. That one is great - but this one is smaller - the same price - and much more versatile - with the multiple colors
2) Battery - compatible with 1*AA battery or 1*14500 battery - easy to change and replace
3) Bonus utility light - i've never seen this feature - and everyone should have this option! Whether you use it as a tank light or merely a pocket light as a backup - it's terrific.
4) Design - it fits right in your pocket - it loops right on your hose or tank - and it's easy to pack with you on a trip. The traditional "dot" lights - they have a small pressure clip -that never every stays put - they float away. This light has a secure loop -and stays in place.

This is the most versatile tank light i've seen. "

Check on Amazon
πŸŒƒ
πŸ†
πŸ”¦
:

Attachments

• 23.8.8-1.jpg
    23.8.8-1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 23.8.9.png
    23.8.9.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 23.8.9-2.png
    23.8.9-2.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 53
  • ORCATORCH SD03 Dive Beacon 4-Color-in-1 (Blue, Red, White, Green).jpg
    ORCATORCH SD03 Dive Beacon 4-Color-in-1 (Blue, Red, White, Green).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 4 single colours and 8 modes integrated in one light, SD03 dive beacon.jpg
    4 single colours and 8 modes integrated in one light, SD03 dive beacon.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 40
@OrcaTorch-Amazon Seller Have you considered becoming a business sponsor yet? Given the use of Scubaboard’s forums for continued market research, spam, and other miscellaneous promotion? Seems inexpensive in comparison to the publicity you’ve gathered from the site, especially with three or more accounts on here claiming to be affiliated with OrcaTorch.

Grab one of those Orcas and go diving before you give yourself hemorrhoids mate

I have one of those, but don't really need a night dive beacon. What I have done is hang it off the seat of my bike and set it for flash, for riding at night. It is quite bright and it is amazing how many rides I have done without replacing the battery - even once. Many dozens I am sure.

I'm sure it works well underwater, but the battery life is surprising to me (on the colored flashing setting).

Sponsor, yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom