Orange Photos, by Cathy Church

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vivid-Pix Rick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
_AQU5806.jpg

It is always fun to add any new twist that you can think of for your underwater photography. I decided to experiment with things that were orange. I selected out lots of photos that I already had, and I also went on a few dives looking for anything with orange. I was very lucky and found my absolute favorite but elusive subject, the gaudy clown crab (Platypodiella spectabilis). I also found lots of little things living on orange sponges and so on. I did my usual adjustments to add some saturation and a little contrast.

_SUN8930.jpg

Then I wondered how I could present a series of photos with orange subjects. I tried making montages of my selections, but after many hours of playing with up to eleven different images on a page, I just didn’t like them. So I tried to find two that shared colors that would look good together. I settled on these two – just the crab and a Christmas tree worm.

Clown_treeW.jpg

So think about how two or three of your photos will look side by side. It opens up a whole new way to judge what you should print.

Enjoy the journey,
Cathy Church

We hope that you've learned to Take Better Pictures.

Click Here to receive a Free Trial of Vivid-Pix software and Make Better Pictures. www.vivid-pix.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom