OPV part comparability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWZen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just tried installing the OPV from my Halcyon DSMB onto a friends Hollis (non-SMS) wing (and vice versa) and they bold held air, despite looking different. The halcyon looks like the very standard cage design. I know that the DSS OPV kit can replace the newer halcyon OPVs. I’ve got the opportunity to acquire a Hollis wing at discount, and would like to have a DSS OPV end up as part of it eventually (and maintain a single spares part for all my OPVs).
Buuut... The DGX generic OPV replacement on DGX has the following description: “A generic BC Overpressure Relief and Dump Valve w/o flanges that is compatible with Dive Rite, Halcyon, DGX, HOG (pre-2015), XDEEP, Deep Sea Supply, Oxycheq and a variety of other technical diving brand BCDs. Itis NOT compatible with Aqualung, ScubaPro, Seaquest, Mares, Hollis, OMS, Poseidon, Zeagle or other major brand products.”

What am I missing here; it seems like Hollis, Halcyon, DGX, DSS all use the same standard OPV but DGX disagrees?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom