Options for Xcalak to San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevep4444

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking into whether hitting San Pedro for 2 to 4 days of diving and fun is feasible from Xcalak. If possible, anybody have recommendations for a good (smaller boat style) dive op and a low to moderately priced place to stay while in San Pedro.
Thanks,

I've never heard of commercial transport between the two places, though private boats do make the journey. If you do get to San Pedro, I'd suggest Island Divers for a dive op that meets your requirements. Lots of places to stay (depending on time of year). Locally I'd look at Ruby's Hotel on the beach nearby, though it can be a bit noisy. Not far away is Sunbreeze, several rungs up in quality and rather more expensive. Probably the best value is Banana Beach, a couple of miles down (south) the beach. There are lots of other places, of course. When will you be in San Pedro?

If you can find a dive op in Xcalak that goes to Chinchorro Bank I'd be inclined to do that.

I've never heard of commercial transport between the two places, though private boats do make the journey. If you do get to San Pedro, I'd suggest Island Divers for a dive op that meets your requirements. Lots of places to stay (depending on time of year). Locally I'd look at Ruby's Hotel on the beach nearby, though it can be a bit noisy. Not far away is Sunbreeze, several rungs up in quality and rather more expensive. Probably the best value is Banana Beach, a couple of miles down (south) the beach. There are lots of other places, of course. When will you be in San Pedro?

If you can find a dive op in Xcalak that goes to Chinchorro Bank I'd be inclined to do that.

Thanks for the reply. I looking at being down there within the next 2 weeks. I did not think there was anything commercial going between Xcalak and San Pedro but was hoping someone might know of someone who does it on a regular basis privately.
Chinchorro is on my radar as well. Thanks for the info!

To dive Xcalak, I dived out of Majahual where there are a number of resorts and hotels to stay at and the dive op we used took us down to Xcalak. Used my own car between Belize and Mexico but you can probably do it by bus.
Regards
Ralph

"Thanks for the reply. I looking at being down there within the next 2 weeks. I did not think there was anything commercial going between Xcalak and San Pedro but was hoping someone might know of someone who does it on a regular basis privately.
Chinchorro is on my radar as well. Thanks for the info!"

Hi there
I manage a dive shop called XTC Dive Center, XTC DIVE CENTER | Scuba diving, Snorkelling, Fishing and Excursions in Xcalak, Costa Maya Mexico, and we run a small boat to and from San Pedro, Belize, on request.
The cost is $250 for up to five people, day return or drop off. We can advertise the trip to many hotels along the coast and often can fill out the boat, meaning each person only pays $50.

We also run Chinchorro trips and it's the best time of year to go as in the summer it is mostly flat and calm, with no wind! If you'd like more info, email reserve@xtcdivecenter.com.

I also have some recommendations for the San Pedro area as well.

When are you thinking of coming?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom