Options for dry gloves use with Aqualung/White's Fusion SLT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I posted this a while ago and having trouble locating the thread to see what the latest answers were. I finally got some cash together and would like to add dry glove system to my suit. I have an Aqualung Fusion Bullet drysuit which came with the SLT system. I love this system as it makes it super easy to change out seals in the field. I mostly use wet gloves as mid summer water temps are not too bad around where I am, BUT occasionally we dive some cold areas where dry gloves would be nice versus the 7mm gloves I have. Are there options out there that will basically plug and play with the Fusion SLT system? I have about 300$ for this project. I would prefer to keep the SLT system and NOT have permanent dry gloves attached as I use this suit for even some moderate temp dives where a 3mm glove or even bare skin is fine.

SLT is the oval rings? If so, Ultima Dry Glove with a Showa 720. No hesitation. There is a gigantic thread on the subject. Do a quick search.

SLT is the oval rings? If so, Ultima Dry Glove with a Showa 720. No hesitation. There is a gigantic thread on the subject. Do a quick search.
hmm I tried searching but it did not function for me.

They stretch over the current rings on the suit. Some people then place an o-ring over them to keep them secured. It is a valid method. I just don't trust it. I prefer the Ultima ring system. You can put the glove of your liking on to them. Excellent seal, I have never experienced a leak. They are easy to put on and take off by yourself with no help from others.

I have the Ultima DGS but would recommend you look at the Si-Tech Virgo as a viable option as well. Easier to mount the gloves and attach/detach from the suit.

-Z

I am confused at how these work?!?
As mentioned, you just pull them over the ring. They are tight enough that they create a nice seal against the plastic ring - never had one fail or leak at the ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom