Optima fx vs O2ptima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone still happy with an Optima fx? Did they become an obsolete prototype unless upgraded?

I could sell off my O2ptima freeing up cash for some decent video lights and still have enough left over to pick up a great deal on an Optima w/ hammerhead electronics.

I'd need to do loose sorb scrubber modification.

What else should I be aware of now that the market has moved on and there isn't financial interests involved in defending the FX.

Regards,
Cameron

I have three Optimas. No way would I ever consider diving that hammerhead crap again.

I have three Optimas. No way would I ever consider diving that hammerhead crap again.

If you need a 4th I may be posting it soon, latest revisions. :wink:

Besides the electronics, are the loop updates significant? Redesigned lungs, done away with the t-pieces and MAVS (IBOV on the new one)?
Scrubber head also substantially different?

Here's the old one I am eyeing to purchase:

received_384804962261909.jpeg

Anyone fancy an great looking ashtray at a great price?

the electronics was the big one and the reason they're basically paperweights and selling for like $1500. The FX wasn't a prototype, it was definitely production. That said I think the only thing on it that hasn't changed is the canister and maybe one of the caps. Literally everything else has changed
Other stuff
several DSV revisions and now the new iBov
Packable scrubber
new backplate frame thing
cover
entire new loop from the one that you posted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom