Opinions wanted: best bang for the buck in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since my brother actually got to take the trip to Palau he was slated for. I got bumped (happily...after all..he did pay for it) But after looking forward to Palau...I REALLY need to go diving. I'm planning to take my sister so she can get certified and dive with me in late April or sometime in May in the Caribbean. (Caribbean 'cause the water's warm and the airfare won't kill me...it's a real plus if Continental flies there 'cause I have scads of frequent flyer miles)

I really enjoyed the all-inclusive at Anthony's Key...didn't have to schlep my equipment all the time and really laid back atmosphere...but the seas were rough (November) and the diving only so-so. I've spent a lot of time in Coz...but I hate the taxi mafia and I'd like something a little less "discovered". I'm soliciting opinions on the best bang for the buck in the Caribbean. What all-inclusives do you really like and why? Where's the diving great and the instruction for my sister decent at a good price. I'm wide open but I need to make plans this week. Thanks for any suggestions.

I have noticed that alot of folks here use Continental from Houston Texas to go to Roatan. I think there is a non-stop there.

Therefore you may look into Roatan and Utila dive locations. RoatanMan knows alot about that area and would be a good source for specific questions.

Personal opinion - Bonaire is a good bang for the buck because you have unlimited shore diving for a cost of essentially $100 per week.

I would say "Based on your post" that these are the two locales you should focus on first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom