Opinions on used set SP Mk25/G250/S555 (pics included!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just so i dont open another thread, ill pop a pic of my BCD, couldnt find much info about it but took it to a diving instructor and he said it was OK, im still gonna have it checked and serviced. If anyone has any experience with it or opinions id be happy to hear it.
Inflate it up and see if it holds air overnight.
Service? Check the dump valve and the power inflator. All DIY.

Got the tank serviced and filled. They cleaned the valve, did the pressure test, and to my surprise they only had to steam clean it, no tumbling or sandblasting needed. It was in perfect condition internaly. Its a big company that services all the breathing apparatus for all of our countrys fire departments and such, but still so friendly they even fixed and painted over little chips in paint on the outside, free of charge. So it only cost 30 bucks alltogether, and i have peace of mind that i have a tank thats in exellent condition.

Also took the regulators to the service place, they have all the bits and pieces in stock, they said if im in a hurry they can finish them in a day, but i said im in no rush, its gonna rain for the next 10 days anyways, so theyll do it in 2 or 3 :)

You have good gear at a good price. Centrals was right about the BC. If it holds air, inflates and deflates, you should be fine.

All serviced and ready, were gonna fix the small details when first time in the pool with my instructor. My training begins in autumn, possibly sooner, by an UDI intructor, and its really close to my home, and he is a really great guy. 20210609_114518.jpg

Back
Top Bottom