Opinions on used set SP Mk25/G250/S555 (pics included!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SomeoneON

Registered
Reaction score
So my friend is retiring from scuba diving and sold me his regulator set. Im going to get it fully serviced since they probably werent either ever or after 2013, and I would use them as my own gear for my training and later too. Is there any reason i should ditch any of these to buy a different regulator or should i service them and take good care of them and keep them for a long time? :)

20210514_100011.jpg 20210514_100018.jpg 20210514_100005.jpg 20210514_095944.jpg 20210514_095935.jpg

Looks like you're outside the US, but if you wanted to replace the green S600 cover with a black one, I'd happily swap you

Service and upgrade any parts that are upgradable, use and enjoy for decades to come (make sure that you also change all HP & LP hoses in addition to service). You'll need a dive computer to go with it however.

Looks like you're outside the US, but if you wanted to replace the green S600 cover with a black one, I'd happily swap you

Thats the green purge button, cover itself is black. Half the set is green as it was bought as "Nitrox ready", and i like the green theme, although they will probably charge me more for the service.

the service kit costs slightly more for the o2 clean version, but otherwise service cost should be the same or very close since you don't need an environmental chamber packed

consider the metal barrel upgrade if the s series 2nd doesn't have it

A great combination of first and second stage regulators! Currently supported, and very good performing! Hope you got a deal.

A great combination of first and second stage regulators! Currently supported, and very good performing! Hope you got a deal.

I got the reg pack, a BCD, a 15L 200bar tank with DIN+yoke combo valve for 300 european bucks, from two of my friends that dont dive anymore. I thought it was a good deal. there was another (a bit newer) Mk20 yoke type primary at offer but i didnt take it, although it wouldnt change the end price by much. My friend still has it for sale, he dove solo and had everything doubled up. Tank is being tested and cleaned at the moment (and filled), i think it will be ready for pick up monday or tuesday, and tuesday i have to take the regs to the service center.

@runsongas I didnt think about that for S555 (metal barrel upgrade) as i planned on using is as octo, as the previous owner did, i may reconsider though.

Just so i dont open another thread, ill pop a pic of my BCD, couldnt find much info about it but took it to a diving instructor and he said it was OK, im still gonna have it checked and serviced. If anyone has any experience with it or opinions id be happy to hear it.

20210514_100225.jpg

The BCD looks fine. It looks like it has steel D-rings. I wouldn't change the hoses unless they are stiff. But I agree about removing the gauges from the console and placing them in a wrist boot.

The S555 with the smaller form factor works nicely as an octo, and the g250 is a sweet breather. That configuration will treat you nicely. I chose to upgrade the S555 to a S600 and have a metal air barrel for the cold water here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom