Opinions on eNewsletters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
I receive enough newsletters in my personal email to effectively crowd out messages from friends and family but I know nothing about sending newsletters out. My site has collected a good-sized list of folks who have signed up for our e-newsletter, but our web designer is no longer working on our site and we have no enewsletter. So, it's up to me to get that started. And I'm clueless.

Opinions on My Newsletter Builder, Exact Target, Get Response or anyone else? Prices vs. quality etc?

Thanks,
TG

simple and cheap way, just create a group in your email software, say something called 'newsletter' then add the people who signed up to receive enewsletter to that group. Then periodically create an email (your enewsletter) and send it to that group.

to get fancier, create an html based newsletter in whatever html software you have, then mail that out to group.

The options are endless, and the pricing can range from free to ungodly expensive, just depending on what you are wanting to do.

Yes- we had thought about just doing a simple email newsletter from our mailbox, but I'll pay to have higher deliverability. I find that a lot of times an email coming from a website will end up in my junk file (while, strangely, junk mail from Mexican disco clubs ends up in my inbox no matter how many times I tag it as junk- hmmm).

Thanks for the input.

TG :)

Texas Girl:
I do newsletter myself on my computer then use Dada mail to send it out. The only bounce problems that sometimes occur is with AOL, which happens with everyone.
http://mojo.skazat.com/support/requirements.html

Can you email me one of your newsletters so I can see how it looks?

I'll pm you.

Well- I got two opinions. I thought there were more webby-types on here than this! Thus far I'm looking at Dada Mail (thank you Texas Girl) and mynewsletterbuilder (thank you google). Obviously my knowledge-base is small and unrefined... but if no one else has an opinion, I thank you for your time anyway!

Dada mail is a little intimidating since it requires messing with the code on my site (and the most I've done with code is Myspace and that's just pathetic) but the newsletter builder costs and I don't think it maintains/adds to the email list for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom