Opinions on dolphins at AKR, and. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lsudive

Registered
Reaction score
Questions about whale shark at CCV

We leave next week for AKR - my husband's first full dive vacation, and my first in a loooong time. Our first trip to the Bay Islands.
I have heard mixed reviews on the dolphins at AKR. Some say they do not come by the divers, others say they follow you around. I also heard that you don't really have to do the "Dolphin Snorkel," that you can just gear up, jump in, and hang out with them. Anyone have any experience with this? And, does anyone know when the cruise ship days are, so I can plan accordingly?

Second question - I have read some of the posts about the whale shark hanging out at CCV lately. If we wanted to go over there to dive/snorkel, is there a "best time?" (I know RoatanMan says full moon - I suppose I should find a moon phase website).

I know it sounds like I am just after "big stuff," but that really isn't the case. I'm forever lagging behind looking in nooks and crannies for critters everyone else missed. Dolphins and whale sharks would be two new experiences for me, and I love to see something new!

Thanks in advance.

Kelley

Awesome photoshow Bob, thanks for sharing. I didn't get to do the dolphin dive when I was down there since I was on a crummy cruise. I did get to dive overheat and green outhouse wall. I loved seeing the dive sites board at the beginning of the photoshow. It brings back fond memories of why I would like to go back.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom