Opinions? - Best Diving Bang for the Buck May-July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

berick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are new divers (18 dives) and we're looking for the best diving bang for the buck (excluding Air - have lots of ff miles on a couple of airlines and can probably get anywhere or close for free) in the Caribbean. We've been to Cozumel twice but would like to try somewhere else. What's the best value in the Caribbean in a May-July timeframe?

I'd go in May before July. July starts to get a little warm down there, depending on where you go. Stay away from any "party place" like Cancun the first week or two that school/college is out.

For the best diving for your dollar, think about a Liveaboard. If you can use FF miles ot get to Grand Cayman, etc. you can get a Liveaboard for $1500-$2000/week per person and it includes 4 to 6 dives per day and all your food, diving, lodging.

If you can find reasonable air ($500-700) and don't require being on the water or a 4 star place, Bonaire is by far the best $/dive. I know of a very nice place for under $500pp/wk including eff apt, truck and unlimited air for shore diving.

berick:
My wife and I are new divers (18 dives) and we're looking for the best diving bang for the buck (excluding Air - have lots of ff miles on a couple of airlines and can probably get anywhere or close for free) in the Caribbean. We've been to Cozumel twice but would like to try somewhere else. What's the best value in the Caribbean in a May-July timeframe?

Best diving bang for your buck would be either Bonaire or CoCo View on Roatan. The shore diving at both of these places is great. You can dive 24/7. You don't have to depend on a boat to take you. Of course the boat dives are there but you have other options if you are wanting more dives than just the boat dives.

Value wise it would be CCV.

Thanks for the responses!

Check out Air Jamaica, they are having a HUGE sale right now to Curacao...then you can take a 20 minute flight for around $50 RT to Bonaire via BonairExpress or Divi Air.

herman:
If you can find reasonable air ($500-700) and don't require being on the water or a 4 star place, Bonaire is by far the best $/dive. I know of a very nice place for under $500pp/wk including eff apt, truck and unlimited air for shore diving.
Herman going to bonaire in july which place are you talking about for under $500??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom