Opinion or experience with these filter towers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThePimp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with or opinion on the following or similar filter housings?

The owner of the LM NT company selling it as a product says it's a Hyper filter. It's all in one piece of kit containing coalescing filter that he calls "MDU", and inline with it in the same housing standard diving AC+MC (activated carbon, molecular sieve) filters.

In the 300 l/m version it contains 1x MDU filter, 2x in series AC+MS filters each approximately the size of P21 filter that all come together in one filter housing.

The owner of the company says that the coalescent filter prolongs the life and quality of filtration much longer as it picks up much of the impurities.

It also comes complete with PMV.

In my case it would be used as an secondary external additional filter on top of my existing compressor filtration.

What do you think?

Please see photos from web/facebook of manufacturer:

It looks wonderful portable expensive and completely unnecessary

The filter towers are made by PARAMINA
have a look at there web site

about 10 years ago paramina changed the older system
They up graded to this system also changed pmv & sv.
Yes they work fine
BUT
make sure you can get replacement cartridges easy in your country
also is price for carts ok?
I dont think LF do cartridges that fit
try to get part numbers /spares list in case spares have to be order from factory in greece.
Are you in USA?

Thnx!

I'm in Croatia actually which is very near Greece, on that part should be fine.

The company selling it as a product is from France, that is not too far either.

They sell the cartridges for 38€ the MDU one, 30€ each AC+MS (this version needs 2x of these).

Is that a fair price?

I'm just sceptic / afraid of the filter housing housing is it good. Paramina is not something heard of in my country and the price of this filter housing is much less than Bauer, so although it looks good, I'm having thoughts in my head is it a good product....otherwise, everything looks great really!

Thnx!

it looks like this cartridge can be made repackable.

maybe it could, but LM-NT company says it was not asked too much till now, so they didn't make it.

do you know who makes housings for repacking?

maybe it could, but LM-NT company says it was not asked too much till now, so they didn't make it.

do you know who makes housings for repacking?
messageing you

I dont like filters with mechanical moisture separators in the same housing. just a preference I guess. I sent a PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom