Ophelia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
... is forecast to become a tropical storm tonight or tomorrow
(and thus will get the name "Ophelia")

it's supposed to have max winds of about 50 knots on landfall, but tons of rain.
we are already getting a ton of rain up here.

here's the predicted path:

we got the sw end of it this morning and had heavy downpours from about 4a to about 7:30a. Be safe bud...

Looks like this one is yours Andy.....

Anyone remember Francis and the turnaround in the mid-Atlantic last year??? Ophelia might well become a hurricane while its sitting waiting for clearance to enter FL water space...

yup... now it looks like it's snaking its way to the Carolinas

I'm sitting here in wilmington NC waiting for Ophelia, she's expected to arrive monday night :( I'm very thankful its nothing like Katrina though...hopefully it wont be too bad.

This morning she has reversed course and, in spite of all forecasts, is headed southwest towards central Florida... but all the forecasts still have her tracking from her present position to the northwest, swinging northeast and grazing NC at Hatteras as a "minimal" hurricane (a "minimal" hurricane is akin to "minor" brain surgery).
I reckon that storm's gonna go wherever it wants; I'm praying it turns around again and heads northeast, staying at sea until dead.
Rick

Yes, this is a Wandering huricane.
That means that it can go any direction at any time.

EVERYONE on the east coast needs to stay alert.

Remember, it could also strengthen just as it heads your way.

Don't relax too much just because it slips down to only tropical storm strength. A TS can still ruin your whole week.

Stay alert and pray that she wanders off to sea and carries her energy into the far north Alantic like a good huricane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom