Openings/status thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnissen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not sure if this belongs in conditions instead, but I thought it would be helpful to list some of the openings (and non-openings) going on.

Diver Dan's is not having any classes/tours at this time but are selling gear. Bamboo Reef and Cannery Row Aquatics (new owners, replacing Breakwater Scuba) are more or less fully open. Bamboo is currently doing basically private tours, which I really appreciate. They are keeping dives shallow as the chamber is still down, which is really unfortunate (the chamber, not the depth). My local dive shop, Dive 'N Trips, is open for sales and facilitated a fun dive last week.

My impression is that there is parking at Breakwater / San Carlos beach, and it is legal to dive there. Personally, I would choose the restroom on the wharf as it is better ventilated and larger. Lobos was closed to divers last time I checked.

As far as boats go, Sanctuary is still closed as it has been since the first of the year, but Beachhopper II is now booking. I saw they have reduced their load from 11 to 8, but that's too tight for me. For example, check out this picture of eight people on deck. I think shore diving is going to be my choice for the forseeable future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom