Opening a Navionic chart for Raymarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is it possible to view/edit these charts using a regular CF card reader or does is require their $70 external card reader?

Paying around $150 dollars per chart may be tolerable but seems abusive to be forced to buy their card reader, specially when laptops come with built in readers.

Theres a little gadget that turns the type of mem card that my humminbird 987c si uses into a usb pen drive or wahtever you call those things, I got both the 512k card and the reader at walmart and itll work with any card of same type, makes computer think its a hard drive so i can fiddle with saved stuff direct or even store other stuff on there which the 987 just ignores. Technically if i could download all the navionics maps from somewhere i could just toss em on and the 987 would recognise them sitting there and use them.

As far as actually editing them once you can access them I dunno even what format they are but I dunno of anything that will do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom