Opening a Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm posting to this thread in hopes that anyone can provide some additional thoughts or insight to me opening up a dive shop overseas, probably in Asia somewhere. Maybe Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, or Vietnam. Right now I am looking to find out who and where to buy wholesale dive equipment from, insurance, advice on boat charters, or even buying a boat, etc. In my experience currently am a banker and have previously run a courier company and a few bars and restaurants, so I am accustomed to finance and managing a business. My hope is to transition into founding a good, safe, customer service oriented dive shop and would welcome any and all advice to do this. Thank you in advance.

Maybe purchase an existing operation?

If you are a PADI pro, there is a listing on the pro site of dive operations for sale. And if you want to start from scratch and affiliate with PADI, I bet they have several folks that specialize in what you need. They do have a track record for growing the dive business after all.

Contact The Chairman for admission into the Business to Business forums. The Dive Shop usergroup seems especially appropriate.

Ask him to move this post there once you have access.

Let us know when and if! I’m sure the folks here would like to support you if at all possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom