Open pools in Tucson?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings -

I thought I posted this before, but I can't find it after three searches. Anyway, I'm in Tucson for a year, and looking for access to open pool sessions just to blow bubbles and check out camera and dive gear. I'll need someplace that can provide tank, weights, and water. Bigger pool gets more points.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'd ask 72 Aquatics first. 72 Aquatics | Swim, Snorkel, Scuba, Travel

IDK that they have open pool sessions but it's been my experience locally in Phoenix that shops here often will let you use the pool during the day free if they don't have a class going on - at least my shop does.

If you've got a free weekend - San Carlos is better than you'd expect - 72 runs Ocean Spirit down there. It's actually better diving in the fall when some of the algae dies off - the water is still warm. A few years ago we went during the hammerhead schooling - mid October I dove in a t-shirt. Cold below the thermocline but it was still below about 90' then,

IDK that they have open pool sessions but it's been my experience locally in Phoenix that shops here often will let you use the pool during the day free if they don't have a class going on - at least my shop does. If you've got a free weekend - San Carlos is better than you'd expect - 72 runs Ocean Spirit down there. It's actually better diving in the fall when some of the algae dies off - the water is still warm. A few years ago we went during the hammerhead schooling - mid October I dove in a t-shirt. Cold below the thermocline but it was still below about 90' then,

Thanks for the San Carlos tip. I scoped out a few videos of diving there, and it looked real green. But if fall is better, I'll have to check it out!

It's just not as green...lol

IDK that they have open pool sessions but it's been my experience locally in Phoenix that shops here often will let you use the pool during the day free if they don't have a class going on - at least my shop does.

If you've got a free weekend - San Carlos is better than you'd expect - 72 runs Ocean Spirit down there. It's actually better diving in the fall when some of the algae dies off - the water is still warm. A few years ago we went during the hammerhead schooling - mid October I dove in a t-shirt. Cold below the thermocline but it was still below about 90' then,

72 Aquatics is pretty good about letting you get in the pool, Just give em a call.

Back
Top Bottom