Open California Forum?

Should the California Forum be open for new threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Scubaboard moderators have been discussing whether the California Forum should be open for threads relating to the whole state. Please let us know what you think.

Edit:
The proposal is NOT to MERGE the
NorCal and SoCal forums into one.

We are considering opening the parent California Forum to threads that would be of interest to divers statewide.​

Last edited:
Agree! I read the NorCal forum every day but rarely get to post in there. It would be nice to share some of my photos with those north of San Luis Obispo who don't check out the SoCal forum frequently.

I love the two forums but a general forum for the state would be nice to discuss issues, regulations or anything else that relates to the entire state which eliminates the need to post a thread twice.

Is the discussion about the elimination of the NorCal and SoCal sub forums?

I don't see a downside - the change would be consistent with other popular state forums like Florida,

Agree! I read the NorCal forum every day but rarely get to post in there. It would be nice to share some of my photos with those north of San Luis Obispo who don't check out the SoCal forum frequently.

I may be hijacking my own thread here but where do most divers consider the NorCal/SoCal dividing line? I have always considered Pt Conception as that point from a diving/conditions standpoint. It might be as far north as Ragged Point from an access standpoint. I doubt many people outside the state understand that there are no harbor facilities between Morro Bay and Monterey. For that matter, how few marinas there are in the state period: Marinas and Boat Launches on the California Coast

I consider it at Pt. Conception since that is where the "cold" California Current gets deflected seaward and "warm" water from the south usually fizzles out.

As for opening the California Forum, I'm neutral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom