Ontario Underwater Council Top 6 Safety Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ontario Underwater Council (OUC):

Top Six Safety Tips

received_864646680958159.jpeg

Hi Ayisha, I think there's something wrong with your link. This one works for me: Top Six Safety Tips

Great article, it analyzes some reason findings by DAN about common issues that result in diving fatalities. The usual suspects: insufficient gas, wrong gas, imbalanced rig, etc. Then provides some practical advice about how to manage these risk factors.

Hi Ayisha, I think there's something wrong with your link. This one works for me: Top Six Safety Tips

Thank you, the link was originally working but the page got moved in the first few minutes it went up. Fixed now, thanks.

Really just back to basics or what should have been taught and reinforced in training

It's true that it should all be from basic training, and it will be even more sad if the new research they're working on shows the same issues in more recent fatalities.

OTOH, if the takeaways of the article are considered to be from mainstream o/w courses, it shows how much the concepts of a balanced rig, streamlining, analyzing every tank, team diving, pretty much minimum gas, cardiovascular fitness to dive, aquatic comfort and swimming skills, etc. have in some ways come back to or infiltrated mainstream o/w training - at least on SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom