Ontario Dive Sites - Misc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Bala Falls - possible 100ft

Big Bay Point - 100 ft

Quarries:
Innerkip - 28 ft
Kirkfield - 30 ft
Morrison (Ok not in Ontario , but just 10 minutes into Quebec) - 130 ft

Barrie - The Morrison - 30 ft

Lake Muskoka - The Waome - 70 ft

What else is out there?

Burleigh Falls, Stoney Lake
65 feet, 1/2 hour from Peterborough.
Hwy 7 just East of Peterborough to Hwy 134,
North to Hwy 28, turn right, follow 28 to Burleigh Falls.
Turn right just before falls (don't cross over rapids)
Take first trun left into MNR parking lot.

Note: the flow at the falls is too swift right now.
This is not a safe sight yet. We are checking next weekend
and wiil advise after we check it in 2 weeks.

Mike

Are we narrowing this down to certain lakes, areas, or all of Ontario?

Lots of good sites up my way, but I would like to know some of the southern Ontario sites or Perry Sound area as well.......

SS

Now that I go down the list I see that just about all the lakes have been broken out - nothing on Lake Superior. I'm guessing I'm the furthest north and perhaps the only one who gets to jump into Superior on a regular basis?

Lots of wrecks up here, plenty of locations to go shore diving. A kilometre from my house we have a beech plane and and old wooden hull ship that sank in the late 1800's. Ships only half there, but the half that is there is in great shape for being over a century old. Makes for good night dives - the fishies like to hang out there and always seem to be interested in the bright lights.

Anyone from Thunder Bay area or Sudbury?

SS

ScubaScott - feel free to start a a thread for locating dive sites in your neck of the woods. I just didn't have that many.... the more sites, the better.

We were at Burleigh Falls on Sunday May 26/02
The conditions are swift, TOO STRONG FOR A STANADARD ENTRY AND RETURN. I'd recommend a drift dive, out the underwater cable, THEN turn right, AT THE LOGS , FOLLOW THE ROCKS ON YOUR RIGHT. You will pick up the cable again , swim 50 yards at 180° degrees, then turn right to 240° swim in following profile up to surface. Exit point is at the south Bay.

Attached is a close up map of the sight.

Mike D

Another dive site that I frequent is a place called Cedar Hill. It is just north of Owen Sound. It is a rest stop sort of place on the water. Shore entry that gets as deep as I have needed (well over rec limits) and the are many things placed in the water. Divers have put bikes with telephones on them christmas trees road signs and a bunch of other things. Not a bad place to go blow bubbles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom