Only boat on T-gorm and RasMo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen TG, Brothers, Deadalus and Abu Nuhas with no other boats or just us for at least 1/2 a day in 2015 and 2016. In 2013 and 2015 there was only 1 other boat overnight at the Thistlegorm.

2015 was probably the quietest ever: we arrived in Hurghada in March 2015 and seemed to be the only plane on the tarmac - serously, there was not one single other plane in sight. It sounds like now there are more divers (I haven't been this year but friends are there regularly), but the animal life "bounce-back" continues and sightings seem to just get better and better.

Last edited:
I wasn't quite as lucky - we had three boats on each last year.

This year we went South - there were a lot of boats at Big and Little Brothers (16 at one point).

I wasn't quite as lucky - we had three boats on each last year.

This year we went South - there were a lot of boats at Big and Little Brothers (16 at one point).
Holy cow 16! Maybe you travel at more popular times of the year. I've only been in March, first days of April or Nov/Dec

Holy cow 16! Maybe you travel at more popular times of the year. I've only been in March, first days of April or Nov/Dec

That was only two weeks ago. The boats were moored three deep at points which caused the outside boats a lot of issues with pitching and rolling as they were in the current and they were only moored to other boats and not the reef itself so any movement of the inside boats was magnified by the time it got that far out.

Did see a whale shark going between the boats though between dives (unfortunately by the time it was spotted it was too late to try to get in and snorkel alongside.).

Diving as great as ever. Lots of sharks on Brothers a month ago. 6 OWT on one dive.

4 boats at the same island at the most (Little Brother) which completely ruined one morning dive to the nort point, as three other zodiacs (30-35 divers) set out imediately after we’ve headed out, hurrying to dive together with us — it seemed like. Idiots. Why not wait 10 or 15 minutes when you realise there are already 10-12 divers ahead of you.
One other boat on Big Brother.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom