online guppie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings all-This is the first message I have ever posted anywhere. I am a Marine soon to transfer to Okinawa. If anyone has recommendations on asian/maylasian/far east dive sights (shore dives & down to 60 foot or so depths) I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks. :usa:

Just thought I'd give you a quick Semper Fi! I didn't dive when I was on Oki, sure wish I would have, could have gone just about every weekend and I am sure there is some good diving to be had. Get over to the main land if you get a chance, I was stationed at Mt. Fuji for about a year, great experience.

Hello There Aaron,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and Safe Diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hello aaron, welcome to Scubaboard! I did my time on the "Rock" back in 1989-1990. What's your MOS? Always good to have another Devil Dog around!

I'll second the previous suggestion to have a look in the Asia Forum specifically the Zen Divers Forum as it pertains specifically to Japan.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

aaron martin:
Greetings all-This is the first message I have ever posted anywhere. I am a Marine soon to transfer to Okinawa. If anyone has recommendations on asian/maylasian/far east dive sights (shore dives & down to 60 foot or so depths) I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks. :usa:

There's lots of great diving in Malaysia in the South China Sea and the Celebes Sea, in particular. Certainly one Malaysian spot on many people's list is Sipadan/Mabul. There are many other wonderful dive areas, though, so if you are interested, just give me a holler when you're ready to plan a trip, and I'll try to help out. :mostlysun

Back
Top Bottom