O’Neill wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, new to the forum but have been diving for about 3 years. Try to go on one diving holiday a year, started in Croatia, then Malta for a couple of years and this year I am going to Egypt in the summer.

I apologise, because I see via google this topic has been covered several times before but my question is a bit more specific.

I am tall and skinny, and I struggle getting rental wetsuits that fit me so I start to feel the cold quite quickly when diving, so I want to go my own for this year.

I can’t afford/justify the cost at present to get a custom suit made, so I am looking at the 5MM full O’Neill wetsuits because they do tall versions.

However, of their listed “dive wetsuits” they don’t do a small/tall (which by size, would fit me perfectly) but they do in some of their regular water sports wetsuits.

My question is really, is it better to get a well fitted surf wetsuit or have a less well fitted dive wetsuit? From the research I’ve done, and common sense it would suggest the first option - but I thought I would put the opinon to the experts. Various threads go on about neoprene compression and suit resilience/wear.

Future dives are planned for Thailand, Australia, Malta and Egypt. Currently diving to 30M and only do about 12/15 dives a year.

Cheers,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom