O'Neill for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I keep seeing the O'Neill Reactor 3mm for women in dive shops and online and I like it. But I look on the O'Neill website and they don't even advertise wetsuits for women.

I'm trying to find out which wetsuits are designed for diving vs. other watersports. I'm going based off the men's description, but it has me wondering if O'Neill has no women's line and the reactor and the 1mm just overstocks from the past.

Anybody know?

Hi scubamickey,

As far as I know, yes O'Neill does have a line of wetsuits designed for women.
Specifically the reactor 3mm. A dive buddy of mine has it and she seems to like it.

You raise an interesting point though, I'm not sure that the reactor is designed specifically for diving. The shorty has a backpocket for a key, which is usually a feature found in surfing suits. Women's version http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Item...82/Context_980/Sort_SKU/DescSort_0/ONLW3.html

The next wetsuit I buy will probably be an O'Neill full 3mm. Seems to be well designed with a very reasonable price.

I have 3, count em THREE, O'Neill wetsuits and I love them. They do make wetsuits for chicks. I don't know that it really matters what a suit was designed for, neoprene is neoprene. Mine are for diving though.

Rachel

biscuit7:
I don't know that it really matters what a suit was designed for, neoprene is neoprene.
There's definitely lots of types of neoprene. Supposedly the stuff used in many surf suits won't stand up as well to being compressed.

Damselfish:
There's definitely lots of types of neoprene. Supposedly the stuff used in many surf suits won't stand up as well to being compressed.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding out from reading past posts here. I guess if I only spend $100 on a suit it won't matter much if I only get 50 dives out of it. BUt I can't find anywhere that gives me a ballpark of how long a "surf" or "wakeboard" suit would last if I use it for frequent diving below 60 ft.

<Sigh> I really like the O'Neill and the BodyGlove Matrix. They look sexy and fit great.
What's a chick to do?

I hate the look of Henderson and Neosport. God...when did I turn into such a girly girl? :06:

Hey scuba,
I say if you want the O'neill go for it!

I'd also add that I have a 'cheapy' wetsuit an Akona, done ~40 dives on it and it feels about as good as new! The neoprene doesn't seemed to have compressed much, stitching hasn't pulled out, colors haven't really faded (it's black).
So go for what you like!

Biscuit7, I think you have the second coolest avatar in this thread :D :wink:

scubamickey:
Yeah, that's what I'm finding out from reading past posts here. I guess if I only spend $100 on a suit it won't matter much if I only get 50 dives out of it. BUt I can't find anywhere that gives me a ballpark of how long a "surf" or "wakeboard" suit would last if I use it for frequent diving below 60 ft.

<Sigh> I really like the O'Neill and the BodyGlove Matrix. They look sexy and fit great.
What's a chick to do?

I hate the look of Henderson and Neosport. God...when did I turn into such a girly girl? :06:

I just recently bought an O'neill 3000x suit. I also noticed that the O'neill website didn't have women's suits...at least that's not what they're calling them. Look at the "Juniors" section. According to the O'neill company Women = Juniors.

fatsuki:
I just recently bought an O'neill 3000x suit. I also noticed that the O'neill website didn't have women's suits...at least that's not what they're calling them. Look at the "Juniors" section. According to the O'neill company Women = Juniors.

You're joking. I never even bothered to look under junior since I'm a grown up :D
Thanks for the heads up.

So how do you like your 3000x? I was hesitant about it because it's a 3mm all around. THought it might be too stiff and warm for tropical diving. As opposed to a 3/2.

Back
Top Bottom