one week to dive and site see in thailand...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuts4corals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
would like to for a week...realistic from NY or too short? I could probably max.at 10 days though. Never been so I need to know the basic to the specific. I'm an open water diver with about 150-200 dives. going to be just me on the trip. I have been reading on the board that Ko Phi Phi and kao Tah are best to dive... so here are the questions:

1. which dive operator do you dive with here?
2. where is the best places to dive
3. where is the best places to stay close to diving? recommendations of dive freindly resorts appreciated or at the least names of towns/villages to stay.
4. whats the best dive package $ I can expect?
5. whats the airports I'm flying into? (need to research air ect)
6. any not to miss site seeing recommended?

Basically have no idea about this place but the few diving vids that I have seen. That was enough to make me want to go :)

Thanks so much!!!

What time of year are you planning to go? Phi Phi and Koh Tao have good and poor conditions depending on the season. Also, 10 days is a better plan than just one week.

GJS

What time of year are you planning to go? Phi Phi and Koh Tao have good and poor conditions depending on the season. Also, 10 days is a better plan than just one week.

GJS

thanks for your reply, I can go anytime between now and mid may... please give me the scoop of when its optimal to go. any other info would be great... I don't even know what airport to lookup to get to the places mentioned. thanks

The Andaman Coast has the best diving in Thailand.

Options are either a liveaboard to Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock, or daytrips to sites like Phi Phi, King Cruiser-Shark Point, Koh Haa, Hin Daeng & Hin Muang.

Best airport to fly into would be Phuket.

The Andaman Coast has the best diving in Thailand.

Options are either a liveaboard to Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock, or daytrips to sites like Phi Phi, King Cruiser-Shark Point, Koh Haa, Hin Daeng & Hin Muang.

Best airport to fly into would be Phuket.

Thanks for your reply... where is the best place to stay?

well... diving is one (obviously)... hiking, bike riding... fishing. that sort of thing. are there any all inclusive resorts that have dive outfit right on site you can recommend?

I prefer diving close by but understand that if i am on phuket than its a boat trip in to ko phi pbi. I get that and would not mind a few day trips...

But the question is where do I stay that makes most diving accesible? And which dive charters/companies is reccomended to dive with?

Back
Top Bottom