One Tank Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force E for blue heron.
Look at Gold Coast Scuba or South Florida Beach Divers through Meetup for good beach dives in Ft Lauderdale.

what are you using for an exposure suit?that could make a huge difference in being cold get a hood vest combo .dry suit .you do have options

First off thanks to everyone on the suggestions on where and what shops, Since summer is coming I will definitely look into those.

Arcticat99: I am currently using just a scubapro skin thing ( I like to be covered!) so it's just a thin full suit type thing: The thing is, I don't really get cold IN the water, I'm typically just fine until I have to wait at the safety stop or once I exit the water, then I'm freezing. So in the water = fine until the end.

After this trip I decided that I will have to use my wetsuit instead all the time. I have a 5mm wetsuit ( I think its Aqualung) that I bought when I did my very first class as even though it was in Miami, it was November and we had a really COLD cold front, turns out the cold front was around when I did both my OW and AOW classes and so I bought it just for that and got good use of it but since it's thick and tight it wasn't helping when I got sick in between dives so I haven't used it the last two times and bought the scubapro thing instead for summers.

Like I said, I don't dive often so haven't fully figured out what works best but after how well I enjoyed the one tank dives this trip I know that I would prefer to stick to that for a while. Next up will be the clothing part LOL

There is an operator in West Palm Beach that does do some one tank dives. It's called, The Scuba Club. They also have full rental gear

For the poster that asked why a diver would be interested in one tank Dives, sometimes one's schedule doesn't permit a full four or five hours out on the water. While I'm not crazy about one tank boat dives, I used to occasionally do one tank dives with the Scuba Club when I had a tight schedule and the tides didn't work out for Blue Heron Bridge

There is an operator in West Palm Beach that does do some one tank dives. It's called, The Scuba Club. They also have full rental gear

For the poster that asked why a diver would be interested in one tank Dives, sometimes one's schedule doesn't permit a full four or five hours out on the water. While I'm not crazy about one tank boat dives, I used to occasionally do one tank dives with the Scuba Club when I had a tight schedule and the tides didn't work out for Blue Heron Bridge
I looked briefly because I am at work but it looks like they do single tank a few times a week including Saturday morning. This is awesome! thanks for the info.

First off thanks to everyone on the suggestions on where and what shops, Since summer is coming I will definitely look into those.

Arcticat99: I am currently using just a scubapro skin thing ( I like to be covered!) so it's just a thin full suit type thing: The thing is, I don't really get cold IN the water, I'm typically just fine until I have to wait at the safety stop or once I exit the water, then I'm freezing. So in the water = fine until the end.

After this trip I decided that I will have to use my wetsuit instead all the time. I have a 5mm wetsuit ( I think its Aqualung) that I bought when I did my very first class as even though it was in Miami, it was November and we had a really COLD cold front, turns out the cold front was around when I did both my OW and AOW classes and so I bought it just for that and got good use of it but since it's thick and tight it wasn't helping when I got sick in between dives so I haven't used it the last two times and bought the scubapro thing instead for summers.

Like I said, I don't dive often so haven't fully figured out what works best but after how well I enjoyed the one tank dives this trip I know that I would prefer to stick to that for a while. Next up will be the clothing part LOL

you need a full 3 mil suit. Henderson has the most flexible suit on the market. just make sure it says 250% flexibility and not 75%

i used it up to almost 90 degree water its fine you wont overheat. You should never be freezing and wearing it on boat after dives keeps you warm but super flexible too

you need a full 3 mil suit. Henderson has the most flexible suit on the market. just make sure it says 250% flexibility and not 75%

i used it up to almost 90 degree water its fine you wont overheat. You should never be freezing and wearing it on boat after dives keeps you warm but super flexible too
Wearing a wetsuit or a skin on a boat between dives is almost guaranteed to chill you off, because you are a convection cooler. Strip down/take off the wet stuff and dry off between dives. Or, wear a full "surf fur" boat coat that protects you from the wind and convection.

Wearing a wetsuit or a skin on a boat between dives is almost guaranteed to chill you off, because you are a convection cooler. Strip down/take off the wet stuff and dry off between dives. Or, wear a full "surf fur" boat coat that protects you from the wind and convection.

Well I agree that the best option is take off suit and put on the surf fur after completely drying off however with an hour or so between dives normally thats not really an option ...

as for the you will be colder wearing a wetsuit thats baloney. Ive stripped my wetsuit down to waist and froze and when i leave it completely on in a cold breeze it keeps me toasty warm. Sometimes you try to outthink yourself with science ...seriously a wet wetsuit will keep you warmer than a 1 mil skin by a country mile. The O.P. freezes in their first post above water and at safety stop. You gonna put a surf fur on at your safety stop also?

wetsuits keep you warm between dives. Ill put money on it. And unlike your other bet you would lose this one

Or, wear a full "surf fur" boat coat that protects you from the wind and convection.

You know most people will talk about their computer, or their fins but for me my Surf Fur parka is the best money I've never spent on diving. After a lot of dives I will wrap myself in my parka to warm myself up.

Mia: the other nice thing about the Scuba Club is the fact that they are very safety conscious. When I got back into diving a decade ago, I went out with them a lot until I got comfortable with the deeper West Palm Beach and Jupiter dives.

wetsuits keep you warm between dives. Ill put money on it. And unlike your other bet you would lose this one

Sure it will, just as much as wet clothes will keep you warm, for a short while.
They will, until the air starts to cool the moisture in your suit down and by then you'll get colder.
How long that takes depends on the water and air temperature of course, and also stuff like wind and the temperature of the wind.
If you fall into cold water the first thing you should do when you get out is get out of your wet clothes and dry off (and find warmth, of course), because water WILL cool you down very fast, especially if the air is cold.
A surface interval of an hour on an average day probably isn't enough to make a noticeable difference for most people though, but some are more sensitive than others.

Another point to be made about it, if you're female you might not wanna walk around with a crotch full of damp sea water for an hour (or somewhat longer), unless you enjoy stuff like yeast infections and UTIs.

Just my 2 cents, but we all work slightly different from one another and what works for me might not work for you and vice versa.
Trial and error will show the way that works just for you, preaching that to others as a definite truth might lead them to a bad experience.

Reactions: Ana
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom