One Tank Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miadukes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,
So I am new here and new to diving as well but since I joined up for something ielse I figured I might as well get familiar with the site. It's great to see a Florida section.
I am in South Florida and wondering if anybody knew of anyone that does one tank dives. I know it's rare but just curious. I don't think anyone in Miami-Dade has any, or none that I find, it's usually the boat in South beach and does 2 tanks.

It doesn't just have to be in South Florida, anywhere East Coast to Tampa is fine. I know there are the springs mid-state and have looked into those but wondering more about in the open water type, wrecks, etc that may offer one tank dives.

thanks!

Just curious why you only want a 1 tank dive.
Would you consider a shore dive?
The places I use and have looked into only have 2 tank dives.

Just curious why you only want a 1 tank dive.
Would you consider a shore dive?
The places I use and have looked into only have 2 tank dives.
Yes, no problem with a shore dive, even better.
Well about the 1 tank dive thing. I have already pretty much figured out that's as long as I am going to last right now. I get really seasick (and yes I have tried it all but the patch, I will be trying that next) but I can more or less get over that but the issue is that I get really cold, I mean really cold, standing in sun after dive with towel and I'm still freezing so usually between that and the fact that I am typically puking during the hour wait in between, the second dive is really no fun at all. So I would rather pay the same amount and just get one tank and know it will be enjoyable. We just got back from Grand Cayman and the place was awesome in accommodating one tank dives both days and I was really excited to dive as opposed to usually I am miserable after since I have been puking for quite a while and cold and have cut my second dive short once already.
So until I figure it out or get better at using my air ( I was told that I am breathing too shallow and I do run thru my air much quicker than I should) that is part of what's making me cold.
But until then, I really enjoy diving and would like to not wait months in between dives.
PS: I don't mind cold water at all, it's just the after I'm done with the first dive that I am cold and pukey LOL

Blue Heron Bridge :)
I've read quite a bit about this. My question is, is there an outfit nearby where I can rent things at? I don't own a BC or reg so would need to get all that and make my way there.
As to this and the other poster, I haven't done a shore dive because I have not seen anything in Miami-Dade that is worth doing from shore, if there even is anything. I believe up Broward and above there are various places?

I've read quite a bit about this. My question is, is there an outfit nearby where I can rent things at? I don't own a BC or reg so would need to get all that and make my way there.
As to this and the other poster, I haven't done a shore dive because I have not seen anything in Miami-Dade that is worth doing from shore, if there even is anything. I believe up Broward and above there are various places?

Absolutely ... and hire a guide if needed. Force-E Riviera Beach and Pura Vida on Singer Island. Both shops are within 10 minutes of the site and dive it daily.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom