One spot available on Pindito Ring of Fire trip , Nov 21 - Dec 2, 2022 for 21% off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My dive buddy would not be able to join me on this trip due to family reason. So, I’m looking for his replacement to share cabin with me on Pindito – Diving Adventures in Indonesia for this Ring of Fire trip (Ambon-Banda-Ambon) with 21% off (10% DEMA discount + 11% Group discount). The original price is $6090 for this 12 days / 11 night trip. You’ll pay it for $4796 (before Port Clearance Fee of $80 and Park Fees of approximately $120).

Here is a link to a trip report of Kerri Bingham of Subculture Travel, from 34 days on board Pindito that she did back in 2015: Trip Report | Epic Indonesia | Oct-Dec 2015 - Got Muck . She started the first trip in Sorong and ended in Ambon, so skip through the first part. The second trip was Ambon-Ambon which is most like the one we'll be doing. Except we’ll have the opportunity to go to islands/dive sites that Edi Frommenwiler, Pindito owner, has since discovered, not to mention the Blue Whales and other cetaceans we're likely to encounter. In 2015 Kerri saw probably 2 dozen blue whales at the surface, but she had no idea that they are there every year during that time. Edi has since done multiple blue whale/whale-macro trips every year and they've been hugely successful.

We will begin the cruise diving Ambon harbor with amazing critters, then off to the blue waters of the Banda Sea which has gorgeous hard corals, soft corals, schooling hammerheads, schooling barracuda, jacks, and other pealgics. We'll also encounter banded sea kraits which are prolific at Gili Manuk and Gunung Api. It's a fantastic trip that is best done in the months of Oct/Nov/Dec because that's when the Banda Sea is the calmest.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Dan

This is really tempting....any chance you will throw in an additional discount for having to deal with such a difficult roommate? :)

This is really tempting....any chance you will throw in an additional discount for having to deal with such a difficult roommate? :)
LOL. I’ll help you in getting domestic flights at no additional cost. How about that? 😜

No worries, thanks, Dan! It turns out that timeframe wouldn't have worked for me anyway (Thanksgiving hosting duty calls...). Looking forward to the trip report!

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom