One Dive on Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Georgia Lady

Reaction score
We will be Cruising with Carnival in Oct. and would like to dive in one port.
We promised our teenage daughter this would not be a "dive trip"!:no
So since we can only take advantage of one port, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ports will be:

Grand Turk 7:00am - 2:30pm
Half Moon Cay 9:30am - 6:00pm
Nassau 7:00am - 3:00pm

No question at all here, dive Grand Turk. Gorgeous, clear water, quality operation (Oasis Divers), terrific sea life.

Second choice would be Nassau, third and way down the list is Half Moon Cay - this is only marginal diving in my book, and with a top-notch stop on your itinerary (GT) and a good stop (Nassau) no reason to waste your one dive day at HMC.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks! I thought that Grand Turk was the best choice but having never dove with a cruise line before I wasn't sure if that would make a difference. Would you recommend diving through Carnival or setting up the dive myself?

Because of the times in port, as I recall Carnival arrives too late to go out on an independent excursion and get in 2 tanks. Not that many dive operations on Grand Turk anyway, and Oasis is the largest and quite good in general. While I normally advocate booking independently, this port is one where it's difficult and not necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom