One day of diving in japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerx_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi as the title states I’ve got the possibility of one dive day on an upcoming trip to japan (mid may).

I’ll be in Tokyo, Fukuoka, and kumamoto. Just wondering
1) where is my best bet to dive from
2) is it worth it with just 1 day

One day in those locations probably isn’t worth it. If you were in Okinawa, it definitely is. In Tokyo you can dive in the Izu peninsula area, but it’s a bit of a trek and mostly where the locals dive, not a travel destination.

When I went to Kyushu I was also thinking about diving but didn’t see anything come up when I searched nearby.

buddhasummer may be able to provide some insight as he lives in Japan and dives frequently.

-Z

Thanks guys will see buddhasummer has any further insight! For sure I would do Okinawa but that’s not happening this trip. If diving doesn’t look good I’ll go to Disneyland lol

My local is pea soup. Having said that you're more than welcome to come join me on a dive if you so desire. All info has been pretty much covered above. Feel free to DM me. I'm about 1 hour south of Tokyo by Shinkansen.

One day is pushing it unless any dive is ok, or if diving in Japan is on your bucket list.

It'd be a mammoth effort for you though... if you like looking at rubbish dumped in the sea or cutting yourself out of fishing line my local won't disappoint

It'd be a mammoth effort for you though... if you like looking at rubbish dumped in the sea or cutting yourself out of fishing line my local won't disappoint
I am more of an any dive is a good dive kind of guy but I think you successfully sold me on Disneyland lol. I’ll be back in Japan fairly frequently so will figure out some proper dive time on another trip and definitely want to hit Okinawa again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom