Ondoy (Ph)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
The three-day forecast shows the system making landfall over Isabela-Cagayan area by early morning Friday (Nov 11).

The eastern sections of Northern Luzon may feel its initial effects beginning Thursday - if it does continues on its present course & speed.

Located 1800 mi East of Mindinao, some computer models forecast this system to become a large and powerful Typhoon moving into the Philippine Sea next week.

(source: typhoon2000.com)

So do I. If it weren't for the high that's currently over Taiwan that would keep the storm from moving that way, I woudn't worry about it.

Halthron:
So do I. If it weren't for the high that's currently over Taiwan that would keep the storm from moving that way, I woudn't worry about it.

thats very good news indeed

if it does not dissipate come sat., expect some small waves. unlike what we have the past weeks where we have calm flat sea over at anilao.

first slack tide around 8:30am, low tide

Updated Thursday at 6am:

This system is expected to continue moving WNW passing some 150 km to the North of Bicol Region late in the afternoon. 23W (ONDOY) shall make landfall in between Baler and Infanta by early tomorrow morning or around 2 AM local time as a 110-kph Tropical Storm.

Polillo Is., Catanduanes and some portions of Bicol Region is now under the southwestern outer rain bands of the storm and may produce 1 to 3 inches (25 to 75 mm) of accumulated rainfall today. This storm may produce 5 to 10 inches (125 to 255 mm) of rain tonight or tomorrow across the eastern sections of Northern Quezon and Aurora with possible isolated amounts of 20 inches (510 mm) as the storm approaches. These rains could produce life-threatening flash floods and mudslides along river banks, mountain slopes and low-lying areas.

The graphics show this storm moving quickly enough that, if it continues, the storm would hit Luzon and be gone by Sat. The secondary storm isn't close enough to affect Luzon this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom