On the High Seas and Out of Gas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Ron:
We should be okay. 'Cause I know we're near land.

Martin Harvey:
Great, Cap. Great. Ya hear that? We're almost there. Explain to the kids how you know that, Captain Ron. Someone translate for General Armando.

Captain Ron:
Alright, now stay with me: When we left, we had just enough fuel to make it to San Juan. And we are out of fuel.

Don't want to think what the rescue fuel delivery and helicopter flights will end up costing, probably more than the boat was worth new.

Michael

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it!

Captain Ron:
We should be okay. 'Cause I know we're near land.

Martin Harvey:
Great, Cap. Great. Ya hear that? We're almost there. Explain to the kids how you know that, Captain Ron. Someone translate for General Armando.

Captain Ron:
Alright, now stay with me: When we left, we had just enough fuel to make it to San Juan. And we are out of fuel.

Ya have to have a plan.

Don't want to think what the rescue fuel delivery and helicopter flights will end up costing, probably more than the boat was worth new.

Michael
Is that how it works ? You get given a bill for the rescue ?

Does the law require boat owners to be insured ?

Is that how it works ? You get given a bill for the rescue ?

Does the law require boat owners to be insured ?
Sounded like perhaps their friends brought them fuel. "the boaters organised a private vessel to carry fuel to them"

Commercial tow boats will put a lien on your vessel as part of the delivery of fuel. If you don't pay your bill the vessel will be repossessed to cover the bill. You are not obligated to carry tow insurance but its often included in other insurance packages. The bank you got a loan from doesn't want your boat repossessed and you defaulting on your loan for instance.

A fuel delivery is a lot faster and cheaper than a 70 mile tow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom