? on LP hose 4 DSV/OC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrySuitDave

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles, where the debris meets the sea
Colleagues,

I have a certain black DSV/OC with an Dacor Viper 2nd stage built into the bottom.

I noticed on my first dives with it that the low pressure rubber hose supplying air has a stiffer flex characteristic than the convoluted Inspiration hoses. This tend to move the DSV/OC valve around forcing me to bite down harder to hold it in place. it just doesn't make for a comfortable experience. After only 1.5 hours of diving, the next day my jaw was sore.

The only other unit I have seen with a DSV/OC is the Cis-Lunar MkVP. I don't know if it experienced the same problem, or what type of low pressure hose it used, but I think I need something lighter and definately more flexible.

Any ideas on how the Cis-Lunar lp hose was done and with what, or who makes a more flexible,, less stiff lp hose that attaches to a reg 2nd stage?

DDD I've answered your question on CCRINFO.COM.

You can swap the hose and mouthpiece out to make it much more comfortable

Also have you worked out the 45 degree position gives you Auto Semi Closed yet? Takes gas from loop and OC each breath automatically

First all we're worried about is if the stiffness lasts, then one day we wake up and realize everything else is stiff ... and now even the darn LP hose. :D

Check ccrinfo, if you want I can ask around who makes the most flexible LP hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom