on line source: mk-2 hp piston seat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I could use a few seats . I have an old one and more modern. Do they use the same part? Where can I order? thanks

Vintage Double Hose had kits on their webstore. You can however flip it for some more life.

Thanks, not sure if I want to pay $15 plus shipping when I need just a seat. How do you remove the seat, with a needlle - without destroying it?

The seat you want is 4.6mm dia and 3.4mm high.
Trident's A246 seat is the right diameter, but only 2.4mm high. Trident said, no, he wouldn't do a custom taller seat.
Trident's A240 seat is the right height, but is 4.8mm diam. It won't fit, even jammed into the piston. Grrr!
Didn't see dimensions on others, but I'm looking too!

Thanks, not sure if I want to pay $15 plus shipping when I need just a seat. How do you remove the seat, with a needlle - without destroying it?

I suspect you know this but just in case you don't, the seat is pushed out by inserting a thin rod (blunt end of a small drill works well) up into the head of the piston then into the small hole behind the seat. You don't "dig" it out from the seat end.

The seat you want is 4.6mm dia and 3.4mm high.
Trident's A246 seat is the right diameter, but only 2.4mm high. Trident said, no, he wouldn't do a custom taller seat.
Trident's A240 seat is the right height, but is 4.8mm diam. It won't fit, even jammed into the piston. Grrr!
Didn't see dimensions on others, but I'm looking too!

I'm beginning to wonder if this is the case with the issue I had with a "home brewed" kit....

Well, I guess I'd better get my calipers out and check my spares. :-(

@herman Didn't you come up with a homemade/machined seat for the MK2?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom