On Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just thinking the same thing. Could use a good trip report and a photo or two. Enjoy.

It's been pretty stormy the past few days based on videos I have seen posted by my friends there. Not a lot of natural light and some wind and rain - not a ton of fun.

I am looking forward to my mid-October trip.

End of January.....Brac!

There is a hurricane heading in the direction of Cayman....bummer
I am supposed to be headed in the direction of grand Cayman on Saturday, not feeling real good about it.

I am supposed to be headed in the direction of grand Cayman on Saturday, not feeling real good about it.
Yeah - I'm headed to the Aggressor boat on Saturday as well - fingers crossed that it weakens or stays far enough south to limit the impact. But that might be nothing but me hoping as I really have no weather forecasting knowledge. But I like to read each National Hurricane Center update and the forecasters discussion post and act like I know what it means.

Of course, I do like this quote from the Cayman Compass posted on their news site today "...Isaac is not currently forecast to impact the Cayman Islands, but residents should observe the progress of the storm, currently positioned east of the southern Caribbean in Atlantic waters..."

Yeah - I'm headed to the Aggressor boat on Saturday as well - fingers crossed that it weakens or stays far enough south to limit the impact. But that might be nothing but me hoping as I really have no weather forecasting knowledge. But I like to read each National Hurricane Center update and the forecasters discussion post and act like I know what it means.
Yeah, I am doing the same thing. It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out LOl!

I haven't looked at them lately, but the models a day or so ago were showing it getting picked up and pulled north across the DR eventually. If you want to look for yourselves, www.TropicalTidbits.com has easy access to the various model runs so you can see out beyond the 3-5 days the NHC will show. Whether they are any good that far out is anybody's guess, but at least it is a piece of info to look at.

ETA: Actually I just went and looked, and the European model shows Isaac dissipating south of Jamaica, the current GFS shows the same, and the newer experimental version of the GFS shows it going over GC as a very week TS or depression. Definitely worth keeping an eye on, but I doubt it will be something that will completely ruin a trip. Now would be a good time to buy trip insurance if you don't have it though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom