OMS Water Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AssuredDisaster

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, its actually the 25KG (50 Pound) lift bag, the self sealing one. I use it when teaching the PADI Search and Recovery course. (I know its probably a bit more complicated than others out there, but its what I've got right now.)

Anyway, the problem: During the course of the dive, the bag will be filled, brought to the surface, emptied, then refilled, etc. Probably 2-3 cycles on each dive. Well, by the end, it often contains a lot of water inside. There will often be water inside even on a single lift cycle. How do I use this self sealing bag without it taking on water?

Another guy has the same bag and his does as well, so I don't think its a once case defect.

Thank you.

Well, I contacted OMS directly, if anyone else has this problem (I'm guessing not from the lack of replies.) They suggest that perhaps when the lift bag is being lifted up and down to check for neutral buoyancy, or when its resubmerged at the end of a cycle, water is being forced into the once way opening.

So while I'm not 100% sure how I'll deal with the problem, at least I know the cause so it will be that much easier to figure something out.

I will say, OMS responded very quickly to me email and I think this shows they have pretty good customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom