Wanted OMS Smart Stream Harness.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PabloB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If anybody has one pls let me know.
SS or Alu Plate also welcomed.

Cheers

I have the two waist pieces, I'll send you a PM

Interesting...I had never heard or seen the OMS Smart Stream harness before coming across your want ad, but I wanted to make my one piece webbing harness adjustable and devised something very similar using a pair of Mares XR sf2 loops and some excess webbing I had to make the fixed webbing pieces on each side for my dive rite weight pockets and waist D-rings to attach to. There are some minor difference with regards to what I came up with and the OMS version but they are extremely similar. One of the key differences is that I captured a half-height D-ring into the end of the fixed webbing by passing it back through the tri-glide for my waist D-ring on each side...the half-height D-ring stabilizes the fixed webbing on the waist belt webbing and allows it to be pulled through with any wear and tear on the pockets...on the OMS version this is accomplished by what appears to be a short nylon sleeve in the video I just watched. Here are some pics of what I made:

20210325_001024-jpg.650684

20210325_001130-jpg.650628

20210325_001213-jpg.650627

-Z

Hi Zef, thanks for sharing! P
lease load the pics again... they are not showing.

Thank you TUG for contacting me - Done deal!

Hi Zef, thanks for sharing! P
lease load the pics again... they are not showing.

hmm...they are showing for me. DM me your email address and I will send them to you that way.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom