OMS Slipstreams.....what kind of straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danemeyer20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Seems like the common strap is the Manta which is about $30. Has anyone ever used the OMS steel straps? They are pretty much the same but have a rubber peace around the ankle. Anyone ever used them? Also what other spring straps work for the fins?

Im guessing anything that works for the ScubaPro Jets also works for the slipstreams

I just bought these for my Jets and after installing them I'm pretty sure they are bomb proof...

XS Scuba Fin Spring Straps

They should fit on the Slipstreams as well.

Also trying to figure out size. Details suck wang for attemting to buy online.

I have the XL Slipstreams with a size 12 shoe. I guessing its dam near impossible to figure out what size I need and I am going to have to guess

On XL jet fins with booties I use the long XS Scuba spring straps with my XXL OMS and size 12 rock boots I use the med XS Scuba spring straps. Put your foot in the fin and measure around your foot to get the correct length.

The XS Scuba straps may be a bit more in price but are much more comfortable and durable. I have OMS slipstream fins and I use the XS Scuba spring straps and will never go without. when you put them on your fins stay well attached and yet you don't feel like your fins are very tight. The spring cover wraps around your heel and there is no pinching that you get from other spring straps that have minimal covering. That saves on your boots, suit material. You won't regret getting them.

Back
Top Bottom