OMS Slipstream vs Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to get one of these two as second set of fins. For those that have them, what are the differences? Weight/ buoyancy

The Slipstreams are VERY light. They appear to have the same shape as Jets, but are made from something that appears to be fairly positive in the water. For someone with heavy legs (like me), they might be just the ticket. I have not had a chance to put them in the water, but did check them out last fall at the NACD conference.

I just saw them at the LDS. Right next to the Jets. Jets being much heavier. I can't handle the Jets. Already tried. But at the same time I don't want floaty feet. Anyone know which one is the least buoyant? Slipstream or Turtles?

Turtles are far less buoyant than Slipstreams. (Or should I say more negative :) )

Well, just added to my xmas list then. Thanks

all4scuba05:
Jets being much heavier. I can't handle the Jets. Already tried.
Well, the Turds will be heavier than the Jets.

What do you mean by, "Can't handle?"

(The voice of Jack Nicholson from the movie, A Few Good Men: "You can't handle the Jets!" :wink: )

Rick Inman:
Well, the Turds will be heavier than the Jets.

What do you mean by, "Can't handle?"

(The voice of Jack Nicholson from the movie, A Few Good Men: "You can't handle the Jets!" :wink: )

Are you serious? Turtles heavier than the Jets? My legs are nothing like Van Dammes'.
Bad enough I got used to splits but I want to switch to paddles and dive an hour without feeling like I just did a triathlon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom