OMS Slipstream sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mksmith713

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking at OMS Slipstreams and wonder about the sizing.

I wear size 12....3mm tropical weight dive booties for all of my diving

What size Slipstreams would I wear?

I just got myself XL. Tried it with my current Aqualung soft sole booties size 10 and it seems to be bit bigger. Thinking of getting a hard sole type of booties. For size 12, I think you definitely need to get XXL.

I'm quite sure XL will be too small - I wear size 11, and my foot just did not get in. On the other hand, XXL turned out to be way too big. I went for jet fins instead...

Good luck

Hubert

Looking at OMS Slipstreams and wonder about the sizing.

I wear size 12....3mm tropical weight dive booties for all of my diving

What size Slipstreams would I wear?

My shoe size is 14 and I wear ScubaPro sports soled booties. The XXL Slips fits perfectly. :palmtree: Bob

Not to 'steal this thread' gentleman, but I am looking at these OMS slipstreams. I am currently in the Scuba Pro 'twin jet's' and love em!!!! But am looking for an 'open heel' fin.

By the way, I have 6 screws and a thin metal strip in my ankle, not that it matters, but I might not have the 'strongest ankle' in the world. Question: Does the OMS put more work on the ankle compared to other fins?

Depends on how you kick. If you frog kick, they are amazing. If you're kicking with the traditional straight leg, I'd reccommend for strong ankles only, especially if you add the spring straps since they are a little heavier.

Back
Top Bottom