OMS Slipstream or Hollis F1 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molecule

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for a pair of OMS Slipstream fins with SS Strap - L or Hollis F1 fins - Reg at a reasonable price. I am not sure, if this is the right size for me, open for any suggestion. My boots is Safe sole size 8. Will consider trading with item in my Drysuit post also. Thanks

i have a pair of the oms slipstreams and they are great, the pocket seems like a tad bit of a large fit for me but one size down is too small, the hollis f1 fins i peeped out today at the shop and seem pretty awesome, plus you can move the spring strap up or down a slot for a more custom fit, really cool looking design, i think i may buy some. f1's are not quite as stiff as slipstreams but completely different design so not sure how else to compare em till i try em. a regular for f1's will prob fit you well, i have a 9 in the deep see safe soles.

what are the slipstreams currently worth?
i have slipstreams, jets, and turtles. i like all three but i have to agree with jarred above, they are NOT the same fins. although the jets and slipstreams are nice, for me, the turtles exceed the other's ability. they give me better feedback and feel for manipulating my position in the water. i openly admit i have yet to try the hollis, but that being said, i'm very happy with turtles. also, i with the small amount of hollis gear i have bought, i can say i am NOT impressed with their customer support AT ALL. xs and scubapro on the other hand have been pretty cool with me in any situation.

oops, i feel bad because i doubt you will be able to use turtles with your wetsuit boots (even the smaller size) they are pretty big

is there a reason you dont want jets?

Have you actually tried on any Slipstreams? If you are diving a size 8 with a thick sole you MIGHT want to try an XL. Their sizes are misleading. I wear a 9, 3mil zip-ups with a VERY thin sole and they are JUST the right size (L Slipstream, M springs). My 5mil thick-soled booties don't even come close to fitting in the L pocket though. Just a word to the wise.

Thanks for all inputs.

No, I haven't try any of this fins, even though I did most kick on frog kick. Preferring this two fins was just my best quess by reading another comments on this fins for Tall-Thin type of body. Heard that Jet is surely negative and I don't want to add more negative buoancy to my leg (or should I?).

Slipstream; another SB pm me the same thing. Size is misleading and I should get XL-fin and L-SS instead.

I don't know, if I will like the Slipstream fins. That is why I am looking for a used. So I can dump it cheap with no tear. :D

i openly admit i have yet to try the hollis, but that being said, i'm very happy with turtles. also, i with the small amount of hollis gear i have bought, i can say i am NOT impressed with their customer support AT ALL.

Anything specific i can help with - fins or otherwise? Btw, REGULAR F1's would be the correct size for a 9.

Thanks for checking Nick. I'm good. Well, a discount code/coupon/demo/re-furbished as long as both are a same size would help :D

Anything specific i can help with - fins or otherwise? Btw, REGULAR F1's would be the correct size for a 9.

i'm not the type to bash or interested in stealing this divers thread. unfortunately my issue wasnt handled a year ago when i had it in a similar manner to how scubapro or xs handled issues. i will leave it at that.

but i would definitely not rule out the jets and turtles without at least demo(ing) a pair of each friend, you'd be doing yourself a dis-service

again, i own the turtles, jets, and slipstreams. and when i referred to the feedback you get, that is solely during frog kick forward, modified, and reverse finning

I am re-evaluating my needs on this fins, and may need a bigger size, if I keep my drysuit. Thanks for all inputs. I am closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom