OMS Remote Valve Knob & Other Manifold newbie questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LJinFLA

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking into getting a manifold to double up my new Worthington 120s and trying to figure out what way to go.

What is the best? Halcyon? Sea Elite? Dive Rite? Thermo?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the OMS Remote Valve Knob. Seems like a good idea if it works. Does it only work with their manifold? How many turns is their manifold? How good is their manifold?

LJ

Either manifold will do just fine, however I hear the Sea Elite one can be had at a good price off the net. I am sure a search on the board will quickly find the site.

As per the remote turn off IMO it is not needed( unless required due to something like a bad shoulder etc..) its just something else to fail, with practice and proper stretching you should be able to reach it in no time.

Good Luck
Alex

Do a search on "slobwinder" for feedback on the remove valve knob.

Roak

Wow, I think i am going to regret asking about the remote valve knob after reading just a handful of them. i should have known people would get emotional about something so "non-traditional". The arguements I have read so far sound alot my dad's arguements to my mom about why she didn't need a microwave oven when all the rest of the families had one. But I shall read more and learn what I can.

Maybe I just need advice about manifold types or brands. Forget the question about the...what did you call it...Slobwinder. That is one i will just have to decide for myself. Thanks for the reference to the posts. I never would have found them. I will read them and learn what I can through all the religion.

LJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom