Oms Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i was wondering if anyone had a thigh mounted oms pocket?
bca140.jpg

i was going to attach it to my thigh using a 2" strap w/qiuck connects.

DRY & WET SUIT POCKETS
The OMS ® bellowed Pocket is available for use with dry and wet suits. Belt mount or thigh placement (gluing required) is possible, and this pouch has enough room for your spare mask, bolt snaps, finger spools, backup light, slates, deco tables etc.. A positive Zipper Closure is used to prevent loss of valuable backup items

Chris, those are usually glued to your wet/dry suit as an extra pocket. I am not sure how well the webbing would work, since your leg is conical it might slip off, and to tighten it to the point where it wont can't be good for your circulation.

If you really want to make one, make sure you make a holster that you can hang off your waist belt or buy one from Dive Rite already made....or look into the X-Shorts

I haven't used them. I just purchased the diverite thigh pocket that hangs from the BP webbing and has thugh straps. I will dive it tomorrow. It has a flap pocket. I think people like those more because they are easier to get into. Most people will probably clip everything in there off to a bungie cord inside the pocket so that it won't fall out.

I just purchased a dry suit (should be shipped monday) and had them put bellowed pockets on the suit (flap, not zppered).

If you are happy with it though, do it. Nobody can tell you what you'll be happy with.

im going to check into the dive rite. but the OMS says its made to be thigh mounted so mabe it didnt show the hip attachment?
if not the dive rite is just what im looking for

Thanks Tomas. i like the sey up alot because im 6'6 and 185lbs so i cant fit alot on my waist strap so im going to put it on my thigh

Tamas is right. I am using DR Thigh pocket. Without hang it off your wasit belt, it always slip off.

Tamas:
Chris, those are usually glued to your wet/dry suit as an extra pocket. I am not sure how well the webbing would work, since your leg is conical it might slip off, and to tighten it to the point where it wont can't be good for your circulation.

If you really want to make one, make sure you make a holster that you can hang off your waist belt or buy one from Dive Rite already made....or look into the X-Shorts

chris02zr2:
Thanks Tomas. i like the sey up alot because im 6'6 and 185lbs so i cant fit alot on my waist strap so im going to put it on my thigh

If you already have the OMS pockets, I am sure there is a way to make them work with some creative alterations and by making a harness like the DR, or by using them for what and how they were intended to be - by gluing it on the suit.

If not, one of the other methods should do as well.

Back
Top Bottom