Omega 2 repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cinders

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
have an Omega 2 reg and it recently started leaking at the o-ring on the second stage. I've never had anything repaired before and went to the local scuba store.

They quoted me fees for sending it in to oceanic, labor, repair, etc that is upwards of $100.

I'm thinking "for a freaking o-ring that I can see and looks to covered only by plastic and a zip-tie?!"

What's the deal? Is this an accurate cost? I have a clear regulator and I can see the bubbles forming and leaking right at the o-ring. I'm pretty damn sure I could fix it myself.

Doug being nice, A real regulator service department is going to completely service the regulator not repalce the oring otherwise let it leak why have it working completely if you only want a partial repair. That regulator has be out of production for 2 plus years and should have been serviced by now. PS how do you now its not the control valve or main valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom