OM-D E-M5 Mark II 1 - 2 lever does odd thing, any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aikiguy

Contributor
Reaction score
On the blue parts, not the brown or green parts.
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a new OM-D E-M5 Mark II and have set it up for underwater wonderfulness, now if I can only get more diving in! Both on land and underwater I have a strange issue with the 1 2 lever:

Anyway I have set up the 1 - 2 lever in manual mode to offer Shutter speed and Aperture on one of the positions and (1) and the other position (2) to be ISO and White Balance.

Turn on the camera with the switch in 1 mode and everything works fine, Shutter Speed and Aperture adjust with the two main knobs.

Switch to mode 2 and you can set ISO with one of the main knobs and White balance with the other. Works great.

Switch back to 1 and instead of shutter speed and aperture you now have nothing on one of the dials, and exposure compensation on the other.

Change the mode on the camera from Manual to anything else, and then back to manual, and you again have shutter speed and aperture.

Is this something I have done wrong, of have I found a bug?

Any input appreciated!
Thanks,
Guy

I have same camera. This does not happen in my case, does not sound good what you report. I would try a firmware upgrade (or install latest version again). If this does not help you have to send in for service... :(

Wolfgang

What the dials do is assignable in the menus and is specific to what mode you are in, you can assign functions of the dials in position 1 directly then pick what happens when you switch to mode 2. Go into the menus to see what is assigned and maybe change it, set it (OK and exit menu) and change it back again and also see if the menu selection for the dial functions is the same when the dials are changing the wrong parameters. Sounds like the camera is forgetting what mode it is in and sets it back to the options required when you switch from Manual mode and back again.

You could also try going into the menu and reset Basic shooting functions in Menu 1 -> Reset/Myset -> basic. My EM-5 II which is basically a spare these days was not responding to the on-off switch and I had to pull the battery to turn off, but after a basic reset I did just now it is behaving normally again.

Also updating the firmware is a good step to try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom