Olympus TG-5 Underwater Camera and Housing Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BackscatterUW

Contributor
Reaction score
BackscatterUW A new article has been posted

Olympus TG-5 Underwater Camera and Housing Review

Olympus_TG-5_Jim-Decker_Gobe_Profile.jpg

Continue reading the Original Article.

I took the Tg-5 to Bonaire July 15-22 and tiik a few pictures with it. I was not very successful with the macro wet lens and found that the microscope mode was pretty descent. But this was my first time to use it and really did not know what I was doing. But really liked the wet WA lens. I also used a sub-par strobe and video light.

We love the Olympus TG5 with the PT058 Housing, and Backscatter Dual Solo 2000 Light bar package. We have taken it to Blue Heron for several dives for Macro Photography both day and night. The photos are outstanding and the size and weight of the camera are perfect ! My wife loves it, I cannot wait until I can order one for myself as well.

We love the Olympus TG5 with the PT058 Housing, and Backscatter Dual Solo 2000 Light bar package. We have taken it to Blue Heron for several dives for Macro Photography both day and night. The photos are outstanding and the size and weight of the camera are perfect ! My wife loves it, I cannot wait until I can order one for myself as well.
What settings did you use?

We have the tg4 and housing. Not sure if it is worth the upgrade.
Any thoughts??

What wide angle lens was used?

We have the tg4 and housing. Not sure if it is worth the upgrade.
Any thoughts??
Unless you want to use 4K video and high speed, I don't think it is worth it. The battery life on video mode is not very good. Not sure if tg4 has high speed video option or not, but I kind of like it with fast swimming fish. But really only used it a couple times due to video mode sucks the life out of the battery.

Unless you want to use 4K video and high speed, I don't think it is worth it. The battery life on video mode is not very good. Not sure if tg4 has high speed video option or not, but I kind of like it with fast swimming fish. But really only used it a couple times due to video mode sucks the life out of the battery.
Thnx we dont video because i hate editing

Do you know if the PT-058 will fit the old TG-4 camera?

What was the point of using this camera with a housing under the BHB? Isn't it waterproof to 50 ft?

Back
Top Bottom