Olympus source suggestions please for Olympus wannabe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBO MD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,
I'm making the switch to digital and was looking at the Olympus E520 and housing. Being in Boston, there does not seem to be any clear place of where to pursue a complete outfit of housing, strobes etc.
My questions relate to :
# Anyone have any recommendations of where to buy
# What is your overall impression re the versatility, quality of the camera and housing overall?

Thanks in advance.

I have some info that might be helpful to you:

I was using an Olympus E 330 in an Ikelite housing with Ikelite strobes and have just upgraded to the Olympus E 30.

As to where to buy the E 520 I would recommend BH Photo in NY.You will not pay tax because it will be shipped out of state.BH has good pricing and is a authorized dealer for everything they sell.

The E 330 was a great camera and served me well for almost 3 years,I do believe that the E 520 has more features and has been upgraded in many ways.

I buy my Ikelite housings and strobes from Scubatoys they seem to always have the best pricing for Ikelite products.I have purchased from Reed photo and video in Fl. but was never impressed with their customer service , they are knowledeable .

I know I didn't really answer your questions but I hope this helps.

Well, why buy an E520? The E620 is out with a lot of improvements for around $100 more. And the housing is the same price.

As an authorized dealer, I have most all the Olympus system on my website or can get whatever is not. I also combine their products with my arm and trays into some great sets at excellent prices. I dive what I sell and have articles on my blog on the Oly DSLR system with links to photos, unlike many mail order places and my pricing is the same as B&H or others.

OO-PTE05-Sys.lg.jpg

I'm happy to answer questions and help you build a system.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom